Course ObjectiveThe student:
- can use data sets from various sources, determine their quality and
usefulness, and design strategies for their analysis
- can apply methods and tools for reproducible research and research
- can apply various data analysis tools / computer programs
- can write simple scripts and modify existing ones
- is able to clearly report analysis strategies and visualize results
- is able to interpret results from a biological viewpoint
- is able to document and communicate results in a written report and by
Course ContentStudents following the specialization Molecular Bioinformatics will
apply the skills obtained in the various bioinformatics courses in doing
a research project aimed at, for example, analyzing biological data,
analyzing and modeling 3D structures of proteins and other biomolecules,
write and modify programs, etc.
Further details can be found on the CANVAS community sites,
‘Biomolecular Sciences’ and 'Bioinformatics / Data analysis project'.
Method of AssessmentThe project will be assessed on three components: (i) project progress
and demonstrated skills and achievements (ii) written report, and (iii)
Entry RequirementsMandatory bioinformatics courses and programming skills.
Target AudienceMandatory for MSc students of the Biomolecular Sciences master that
follow the specialization Molecular Bioinformatics.
Additional InformationThe application and description of the project should be approved by the
coordinator/supervisor of the Molecular Bioinformatics specialization
before starting the project.
Explanation CanvasGuidelines and forms for the application, research project, report, and
assessment are made available on the Canvas sites.
|Language of Tuition||English|
|Faculty||Faculty of Science|
|Course Coordinator||dr. J.M. Kooter|
You need to register for this course yourself
Last-minute registration is available for this course.
This course is also available as: