Course ObjectiveCompetences covered according to the General Educational Framework
Dentistry 2008: II (5), IV f (5)
• is able to produce a manuscript, free of plagiarism and suitable
for publication in the international scientific literature.
• is familiar with the pitfalls of plagiarism and how to avoid it.
• is able to present a scientific research paper suitable for an
international congress in the relevant field of dentistry.
Course ContentThe experiments started in the second year will be finalised. All data
will be analysed and written down in a manuscript based upon the concept
of a summary as produced in the second year. This manuscript is
according to all requirements of the journal intended for submission.
Furthermore, the results will be presented and discussed in a seminar.
Teaching MethodsSelf-study; seminars; assignments; conducting research
Method of AssessmentLearning assessment
• Final thesis
• Thesis presentation and thesis defence
• Grading from 1 to 10. Pass: 5.5 or higher.
• The grade is made up of a grade for the thesis (80%) and a grade for
the thesis defence (20%)
The grading procedure is described in detail on Canvas.
LiteratureThe recommended literature is dependent on the research project. The
requirements for the final manuscript (instructions for authors) can in
general be found on the website of the selected journal
Additional Information• Prerequisite: Presence of an approved summary concept.
• All communication about the research track, including forms,
deadlines and course manuals will be through the digital learning
|Period||Ac. Year (sept)|
|Language of Tuition||English|
|Faculty||Faculty of Dentistry|
|Course Coordinator||dr. ir. J.H. Koolstra|
|Examiner||dr. ir. J.H. Koolstra|
You need to register for this course yourself