Course ObjectiveIntroduction into four main areas of systematic philosophy.
Course ContentIn this course we will explore four fundamental subjects within
1. Logic ("laws of reason"),
2. Epistemology ("theory of knowledge"),
3. Metaphysics ("theory of being"),
4. Worldviews ("life orienting narratives").
Each subject will be structured around a key question:
1. What's the origin and nature of the laws of logic?
2. What's knowledge? How to define this concept?
3. Is there an ultimate ground or first cause of reality?
4. Is it possible to rationally compare different worldviews?
Method of AssessmentMultiple choice examination.
LiteratureAll literature for this course will be made available on Canvas in
Course Documents. So there is no need to acquire books or readers.
Target AudienceBachelor students from 'VU Faculteit der Exacte Wetenschappen (FEW)'.
Additional InformationEen meer uitgebreide beschrijving is te vinden op Canvas.
Custom Course RegistrationVu-net and Canvas
|Language of Tuition||English|
|Faculty||Faculty of Science|
|Course Coordinator||dr. ir. G.J.E. Rutten|
|Examiner||dr. ir. G.J.E. Rutten|
You need to register for this course yourself
Last-minute registration is available for this course.
This course is also available as: