Course ObjectiveIn this course the students will learn theory and methods concerning
communication and interaction in a Web context. The focus is on
distributed user data and devices in the context of the Social Web.
Course ContentThis course will cover theory, methods and techniques for:
- personalization for Web applications;
- Web user & context modelling;
- user-generated content and metadata;
- multi-device interaction;
- usage of social-web data.
Teaching Methods- lectures
- practical sessions
- assignments including final paper
Method of AssessmentWeighted average of group assignments (A), group presentations (Pres),
and final individual paper (R).
Literature- Course lecture slides;
- Selected articles, videos and Web links for each lecture.
Target AudienceVU: mIS
UvA: master Information Studies - Human-Centered Multimedia
Recommended background knowledgeBasic programming skills
|Language of Tuition||English|
|Faculty||Faculty of Science|
|Course Coordinator||dr. D. Ceolin MSc|
|Examiner||dr. D. Ceolin MSc|
You need to register for this course yourself
Last-minute registration is available for this course.
|Teaching Methods||Computer lab, Lecture|
This course is also available as: