Course ObjectiveAfter completing this course, the student can
1. explain what Business Analytics is and understand its relations to
other scientific disciplines,
2. apply methods from Business Analytics in the software package R,
3. deal with problems from descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive
4. assess the outcome of methods from Business Analytics and discuss its
relevance for the underlying problem,
5. read and understand papers in the domain of Business Analytics,
6. present the Business Analytics approach clearly and insightlfully in
Course ContentIn this course, students get an understanding of what Business Analytics
is. The course helps you to understand the contents and the objectives
of the Business Analytics curriculum. Moreover, you will learn to see
the connections between the different scientific fields and the skills
that you need. You will develop data literacy, work with relevant
software, and acquire an analytic mindset that will help you in
data-driven decision making.
Teaching MethodsLectures and integrated practical tutorial sessions (28 x 4 hours).
Method of AssessmentThere are weekly assignments. The average of these assignments should be
at least 5.5. There are 3 lectures devoted to writing Academic English
with a corresponding assignments. The avarage of these assignments
should be at least 5.5 as well. The final grade is the average of the
final grade for the assignments and the final grade of the Academic
English module. There are no resit options for this course.
Additional InformationAttendance is compulsory.
|Language of Tuition||English|
|Faculty||Faculty of Science|
|Course Coordinator||prof. dr. S. Bhulai|
|Examiner||prof. dr. S. Bhulai|
J.E.L. van Kasteren MSc
prof. dr. S. Bhulai
You need to register for this course yourself
Last-minute registration is available for this course.
|Teaching Methods||Seminar, Lecture, Excursion|