Course ObjectiveThe objective of this course is to learn about entrepreneurship, with a
focus on IT, and especially business ideas that involve Data Science
After this course:
- the student has knowledge on the different aspects of
- the student can write a business model canvas of a (potential)
Course ContentThis course consists of several elements:
- lectures about different aspects of entrepreneurship;
- guest lectures by for example successful entrepreneurs and investors
in starting companies;
- writing a business plan for a real or imaginary company.
For students who have the intention to start their own company we will
make it possible to pitch their ideas for venture capitalists (like a
Presence during the lectures is compulsory.
The course will be given by Enno Masurel (specialized in
Entrepreneurship, School of Business and Economics) and Ger Koole
(Analytics, Faculty of Science), assuring that all aspects of IT
entrepreneurship will be covered.
Teaching Methodsweekly lectures
Method of AssessmentThe assessment consists of:
- a written exam
- the writing of a business plan (business model canvas)
Each count for 50%.
Literaturehandouts to be distributed during the course
Target AudiencemBA, mMath, mCS, mAI, mIS, mPDCS
Additional InformationRegister as usual and via Canvas
|Language of Tuition||English|
|Faculty||Faculty of Science|
|Course Coordinator||prof. dr. G.M. Koole|
|Examiner||prof. dr. G.M. Koole|
prof. dr. G.M. Koole
prof. dr. J.F.M. Feldberg
prof. dr. E. Masurel
You need to register for this course yourself
Last-minute registration is available for this course.
|Teaching Methods||Seminar, Lecture|
This course is also available as: