Dit vak wordt in het Engels aangeboden. Omschrijvingen kunnen daardoor mogelijk alleen in het Engels worden weergegeven.
Doel vakOn successful completion of this course, students should be able to:
- Recall and explain major auditing techniques and concepts and research
findings from the academic literature and explain their academic
contribution and relevance for the auditing profession (Bridging theory
and practice - knowledge).
- Apply the relevant and adequate auditing concepts to analyze practice
problems (Bridging theory and practice - application)
- Evaluate audit practice problems and formulate adequate solutions,
based on the relevant academic and practice literature (Bridging theory
and practice - application).
- Convey analyses and evaluations of practice problems in a convincing
manner both orally and in writing (Professional social skills)
- Describe the current role of IT, where applicable, for the topics
discussed during this course (Broadening your horizon - IT).
- Have a good understanding of auditor responsibilities for the topics
discussed during this course.
Inhoud vakThe focus of this course is to offer students an in-depth understanding
of a range of topics related to the financial statement audit process
and the various challenges the auditing profession is currently facing,
from both an academic, regulatory and practical perspective. Examples of
topics are the following:
- Audit quality
- Auditor independence
- Risk assessments in auditing
- Auditor judgment
- Auditor communications and reporting
- Other assurance engagements
We primarily use academic papers but also practice literature and
auditing cases to analyse and discuss these topics. After completion of
this course students will have knowledge of a select number of auditing
research streams as well as their applications in practice, and
understand some of the current developments regarding the audit process
and the audit profession.
Smaller group tutorials
ToetsvormWritten final exam
Literatuur- A selection of academic and practice papers, to be published on
- Selected chapters of Hayes, R., H. Gortemaker & Wallage, Ph. (2014),
Principles of Auditing, Harlow, United Kingdom: Pearson Education, 3rd
Aanbevolen voorkennisStudents should have a basic knowledge of the audit process. This can be
accomplished by following the third year bachelor course (ESE)
"Auditing". Alternatively, students should be familiar with the contents
of an auditing textbook, e.g.:
- Hayes, R., H. Gortemaker & Wallage, Ph. (2014), Principles of
Auditing, Harlow, United Kingdom: Pearson Education, 3rd Edition.
|Faculteit||School of Business and Economics|
|Vakcoördinator||prof. dr. A.H. Gold|
|Examinator||prof. dr. A.H. Gold|
drs. W. de Kater RA
drs. M.E.C. Lurvink RA
dr. H.B. Duits RA
Voor dit vak moet je zelf intekenen.
Voor dit vak kun je last-minute intekenen.
Dit vak is ook toegankelijk als: