Dit vak wordt in het Engels aangeboden. Omschrijvingen kunnen daardoor mogelijk alleen in het Engels worden weergegeven.
Doel vakDuring the dual work period the student gains experience and skills.
The dual period allows the student to bring the learning into practice.
In addition, the student will receive relevant work experience while
studying and can already develop (soft) skills which are of great value
after graduation. As a result the student is easier to deploy in the
labor market after graduation.
At the end of the dual work period the student:
- has gained experience and skills regarding a Business Analytics
- was able to apply his/her theoretical knowledge into practice
- brought practical work experience back to the university;
- developed (soft) skills;
- shows interest in dual workplace;
- is committed to the organization/department;
- takes initiatives for the dual workplace;
- makes agreements and respects those;
- is aware of his/her duties, rights and obligations;
- takes his/her responsibilities;
- can communicate appropriately;
- is open to questions and suggestions;
- is able to cooperate;
- has professional knowledge;
- makes positive contribution to cooperation processes
- is capable of problem solving
- is able to develop;
- uses reflection and evaluation;
- is capable to organize and plan his/her tasks, and to implement;
- is capable to perform under time pressure.
Inhoud vakDuring sixteen months, student is required to divide his/her time
equally between work and study. Study and work are fully integrated.
The student is an employee and a student at the same time. The student
is on the payroll of the host organization for 20 (at most 24) hours a
week during 16 months. The student will conduct work which is of direct
relevance to the master program Business Analytics.
OnderwijsvormDuring the dual master’s Business Analytics:
- the student is employed by the host company on a fixed-term contract
and are therefore officially on that company's payroll.
- the student's working activities will be closely involved with the
host organization's primary business processes.
- the student will often be required to work with others in a team
setting, whereby it may not be possible to identify clearly your own
contribution or the products for which you are (individually)
- Tthe student's work period is of fixed duration: 20 hours a week (at
most 24 hours a week) for 16 months.
ToetsvormThe student needs to submit a digital version of the mid-term report
before 1 May on Canvas. The student will receive feedback on this
interim report by one of the staff members, so the student is able to
adjust his/her activities to a higher level in consultation with the
Furthermore, the students is required to produce a written report of
his/her activities during throughout the entire work period, and to give
a presentation at the Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam at the end of his/her
dual work period (December or January). The report will describe the
activities the student has undertaken and should clearly demonstrate an
understanding of the structure of the organization.
A staff member, a member of the Business Analytics Internship Board
will, in consultation with the internship coordinator, and the external
supervisor, give an overall assessment of the work period. This
assessment will take into account:
- the level of the required activities: based on the final report and
- the level and the manner in which the required activities were
performed: the assessment forms to be completed by the external
supervisor and the meeting halfway through the dual work period.
Both components of the assessment need to be minimally satisfactory: one
component cannot compensate the other.
Overige informatieMore information about the dual program, e.g. the course manual, is to
be found on the Canvas page. A VUnet registration for this course
automatically gives access to the corresponding Canvas site.
If you want to apply for a dual work place, but you haven’t access to
the Canvas page for more information, ask the dual coordinator
(firstname.lastname@example.org) to enroll you for the Dual Workperiod Canvas
page. If you haven’t a VU-account, you can already find some information
Afwijkende intekenprocedureAdmission to the dual master program is granted to those who have a Business Analytics Bachelor's degree. For those with another university Bachelor's degree, such as Mathematics, Econometrics, Computer Science, or a Bachelor's degree from an university of applied sciences in the Netherlands (HBO), admission may be granted on an individual basis. Those seeking admission to the dual master’s program should realize that admission also depends on obtaining suitable employment. The Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam has contacts with a number of companies that are interested in participating in this program. Be aware you cannot work full-time during your dual master Business Analytics. The formal approval of the Business Analytics Internship Board is required before the student can actually take up employment.
|Periode||Ac. Jaar (sept)|
|Faculteit||Faculteit der Bètawetenschappen|
|Vakcoördinator||drs. H.J.M. van Goor-Balk|
|Examinator||dr. E.R. Dugundji|
Voor dit vak moet je zelf intekenen.
Voor dit vak kun je last-minute intekenen.
Dit vak is ook toegankelijk als: