Dit vak wordt in het Engels aangeboden. Omschrijvingen kunnen daardoor mogelijk alleen in het Engels worden weergegeven.
Doel vakThe objective of this course is to deepen the participants' knowledge
and insight of how the legal form of the company works, and problems
related to the company as a legal form (Bridging theory and practice -
knowledge). In working with corporate law, you will learn to improve
your reasoning and writing skills (academic skills; professional social
skills). You will also learn to reflect on legal responsibilities of
organizations and their management (broadening your horizon -
After following this course, you:
- have knowledge and insight of how companies are organized
- have insight of problems related to companies
- have knowledge of the subjects listed
You should then be able to:
- give a reasoned opinion on questions concerning corporate law
- make an informed judgment about how corporate law applies in
- reflect on legal responsibilities of management of a
- understand the similarities and differences of company law and
corporate governance in different jurisdictions
Inhoud vakThe course is organized around several subjects:
- Introduction and basics of company law
- Different approaches in company law
- Basics of European company law
- Legal business forms
- Corporate governance
- Liability of (supervisory) directors
- Mergers and acquisitions
The subjects form a basic toolbox of corporate law. They are relevant to
your career in accounting or control. We will discuss the subjects in a
OnderwijsvormLectures, study groups
ToetsvormWritten examination and an oral presentation, appropriate at an academic
level. The grade for the written examination must be at least a 5.0.
LiteratuurTo be announced.
Overige informatieThis course description relates to the English-language version of the
course Corporate Law (E_ACC_CLIS). Please note that there is also a
Dutch-language version (E_ACC_CL). International students should follow
this version of the
course Corporate Law.
The Dutch-taught version of Corporate law is mandatory for all
Dutch-speaking full-time students and all part-time students from the
Programme Accounting and Control.
Please make sure you register for the right course!
Please contact Annelies Brink at email@example.com if you have any
|Faculteit||School of Business and Economics|
|Vakcoördinator||mr. J.E. Brink-van der Meer|
|Examinator||mr. J.E. Brink-van der Meer|
prof. mr. J.B. Huizink
mr. P.A. Ledeboer
mr. J.E. Brink-van der Meer
Voor dit vak moet je zelf intekenen.
Voor dit vak kun je last-minute intekenen.
Dit vak is ook toegankelijk als: