Dit vak wordt in het Engels aangeboden. Omschrijvingen kunnen daardoor mogelijk alleen in het Engels worden weergegeven.
Doel vakUpon having successfully completed their thesis, students will have:
• Acquired advanced academic knowledge of and insight into a specialized
research area within business administration
• Gained further understanding about
- conceiving, with scholarly integrity, a substantial research project
addresses a question concerned with contemporary business and society
issues, that is original for a specific field of studies, and that makes
scholarly contribution to this field
- designing and planning, with scholarly integrity, a substantial
research project that addresses a question concerned with contemporary
business and society issues
- carrying out and improving based on feedback, with scholarly
substantial research project
• Developed further their skills at
- critically analysing and evaluating theories and formulating judgments
in writing on the theories related to business administration
- evaluating research design and methods used in business administration
and formulating judgments about research designs and methods in writing
- synthesizing literature and integrating knowledge related to business
administration, therefore formulating judgments as well as generating
knowledge through a systematic literature review and a conceptual
integration leading to original hypotheses
- responding to the critical judgments by others within the scholarly
business administration (here the thesis supervisor), and learning from
these critical judgments to improve one’s work.
- communicating verbally and in writing about theories in business
administration with an expert
- communicating verbally and in writing about research methods in
business administration with an expert
- communicating verbally and in writing on the process of conducted
research with an expert
• Developed further an independent, academic and critical attitude and
• Developed further their capacity to reflect on business topics and
in ethical and socially responsible way, as well as act ethically in
professional and social contexts.
Inhoud vakThe Master’s thesis is the ultimate test of whether students have
achieved the intended learning outcomes formulated for this programme.
The thesis is a research project resulting in an empirical paper on a
topic related to business in society. The thesis involves independent
execution of the research project, including selecting a research topic,
reviewing the literature, designing the empirical research, collecting
and analyzing the data, and reporting all this in writing. If they wish,
students can build on assignments and papers they have written in
previous courses of the Research Master.
This empirical paper should come very close to a publishable article: it
should have a theoretical and an empirical contribution to the
scientific literature that is sufficiently significant to interest
top-tier journals. It is also expected that for students who will
continue doing a PhD, this empirical article will have the quality to be
included in the PhD dissertation.
OnderwijsvormGuidance and regular feedback from the thesis supervisor (in meeting and
writing). The supervisor spends on average some 40 hours on supervision.
ToetsvormIndividudal academic paper (thesis)
DoelgroepDue to the entry requirements of the programme, the courses of the
Research Master Business in Society are only available for students
registered for this master’s programme and, upon approval of the
programme director, to other Research Master programmes or PhD students.
|Periode||Ac. Jaar (sept)|
|Faculteit||School of Business and Economics|
|Vakcoördinator||dr. M. Soekijad|
|Examinator||dr. M. Soekijad|
Voor dit vak moet je zelf intekenen.