Dit vak wordt in het Engels aangeboden. Omschrijvingen kunnen daardoor mogelijk alleen in het Engels worden weergegeven.
Doel vakAcademic Skills
• Ability to examine and understand problems from different
• Ability to put forward well-founded, substantiated points of view,
both in spoken and written format;
• Ability to apply acquired knowledge to other problems and in other
• Ability to translate practically relevant problems into (academically)
relevant research questions;
• Ability to design and execute a project using a systematic, analytical
approach in a real business environment (of profit or not-for-profit
• Have specialized, in-depth knowledge and insights about the minor
• Ability to make connections between theories, models, and concepts of
that specific minor theme/ discipline.
Bridging Theory and Practice
• Ability to apply theoretical knowledge in a specific organizational
• Ability to formulate relevant recommendations for practice based on
your knowledge acquired;
• Have a better understanding of what the expectations of the academic
and professional field are in terms of knowledge and skills needed;
• Have awareness of the various career opportunities the field offers.
• Have a better understanding of roles and needs of different types of
stakeholders that you need to interact with as a professional;
• Ability to work well in a team and reflect on your own role in the
• Ability to reflect on your own responsibilities as well as others;
• Ability to reflect on your personal development;
• Ability receive and are able to deal with feedback from others.
Inhoud vakIncreasingly organizations and maybe even your future employer are
looking for experience as well as academic credentials. The School
recommends doing an internship, because it is an excellent way to apply
the knowledge and (academic) skills which you acquired during your
studies. Your most important learning goal as a student-intern is to
familiarize yourself with professional and market-related skills in a
real and new organizational environment. With the job market becoming
increasingly competitive, gaining relevant experience will give you a
good start into your professional career.
Companies offer a wide range of internships in various disciplines. What
is crucial in obtaining approval for your internship and eventually
obtaining your study credits, is that there is a clearly defined project
that allows you to fulfill the learning objectives. Also, the project
needs to allow for an individual assessment.
Finally, note that in order to obtain your internship credits, your
internship has to be pre-approved by the minor coordinator.
ToetsvormWritten report – Individual assessment
LiteratuurLiterature relevant to the theme of the minor and internship should be
used to develop a solution to the problem that is investigated with the
• Subscription to the internship through VUnet is not possible.
• CONTACT THE MINOR COORDINATOR as soon as you have an INITIAL proposal
for the internship. Approval of the minor coordinator is essential in
order to be able to do a minor internship.
• The general internship manual will be available through VUnet
(including more details on a time plan and practical matters). CAREFULLY
READ THE MANUAL ON VUNET (go to Services > Degree programme >
Internship, or Serviceplein > Opleidingsprogrmma > Stage). The manual
will provide more insights in what is exactly expected in terms of your
internship proposal, the concrete requirements, and the related time
line of activities.
• After completing the internship the subscription to the course as well
as the registration of the result will be done by the back office.
Aanbevolen voorkennisThe courses in period 3.1 of the minor Applied Econometrics.
|Faculteit||School of Business and Economics|
|Vakcoördinator||dr. L.F. Hoogerheide|
|Examinator||dr. L.F. Hoogerheide|
Voor dit vak kun je niet zelf intekenen; het onderwijsbureau van jouw faculteit tekent je in.
Voor dit vak kun je last-minute intekenen.
Dit vak is ook toegankelijk als: