Dit vak wordt in het Engels aangeboden. Omschrijvingen kunnen daardoor mogelijk alleen in het Engels worden weergegeven.
Doel vakUpon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
1) Assess market opportunities by analyzing customers, competitors, and
strengths and weaknesses of a company.
2) Design market-based product strategies to maximize a company’s chance
of winning in the marketplace.
3) Communicate and defend your own marketing recommendations and
critically examine and discuss the recommendations of others.
The course is geared towards those who will end up as a product manager,
brand manager or a start-up entrepreneur working to develop a product
that will change people’s lives, or work as marketing manager in a
multinational company striving to win the hearts and minds of consumers
across different markets.
Inhoud vakProduct management is at the heart of many organizations' survival. A
good product manager acts like and is viewed as CEO of the product. It
is typically used to describe a wide range of activities centered around
a product or product line. This course aims to gain an understanding of
the roles and responsibilities of a ‘typical’ product manager and offers
students the chance to combine theory and practice to understand the
most important concepts in product management. From a theoretical
perspective, the course aims to introduce students to the issues faced
by product managers and to provide an overall framework and a set of
more specific tools to manage these issues, paying special attention to
emerging topics in product management. From a practitioner perspective,
the course objective is to show how principles learned in class apply to
real-world problems by making use of most up-to-date examples and cases.
The following themes will be touched upon in this course:
• Market and customer insight to make effective marketing mix decisions
• Segmentation, targeting, positioning as an organizing force for
marketing mix decisions
• Product decisions – managing the product line and developing new
• Going to market – managing the channel
• Pricing decisions – critical underpinnings of pricing decisions, and
• Sales promotions – designing effective sales promotions
• Communication decisions – integrated marketing communications, mass
and digital communication
• Managing customers – acquisition, retention and managing for
OnderwijsvormThis course uses a combination of lectures, case study discussions,
guess speaker presentation and company visit.
Toetsvorm70% Final Written Exam
In order to pass the course a combined grade of 5.50 or higher must be
obtained, AND a 5.00 or higher must be obtained for EACH of the
components (i.e. case and written exam).
|Faculteit||School of Business and Economics|
|Vakcoördinator||dr. A. Aydinli|
|Examinator||dr. A. Aydinli|
dr. A. Aydinli
Voor dit vak moet je zelf intekenen.
Voor dit vak kun je last-minute intekenen.
Dit vak is ook toegankelijk als: