Dit vak wordt in het Engels aangeboden. Omschrijvingen kunnen daardoor mogelijk alleen in het Engels worden weergegeven.
Doel vak* The student can name the different dimensions and the theological,
ethical, and spiritual foundations of Public Theology (Political
Theology) from broad ecumenical and inter-religious perspectives. The
role of Religion in the
public sphere within the different religious traditions will be tested
as well as the (historical and political) obstacles and challenges to
* Through this knowledge the student will be able to contribute to the
ongoing discussion in the field of Peace & Justice Studies by taking
part in the discussions in class.
* The student is able to analyse ethical and theological questions
arising from today´s political and societal challenges to conflict
transformation – in manifold dimensions.
* The student can transfer this knowledge to new or unknown
of different contexts in order to test the potential of different
* The student is able to integrate the knowledge and cope with the
political, societal, and ethical complexities of each given context by
comparing case studies.
* The student is able to formulate judgments on the basis of the given
information, taking into account the societal and ethical
* The student can communicate conclusions growing out of the knowledge,
motives and arguments in a clear manner to the other participants of the
* The student is able to analyse the ethical “dilemmas” and to
argue for and against different ethical approaches and their respective
implications by writing a paper at the end of the course.
* The student is able to perform independent and autonomous follow-up
Inhoud vakThe ongoing ecumenical and interreligious debate on “Public Theology”
will be presented and discussed. This includes a theological
different approaches to the public sphere as well as different models of
the role of religion in society.
From this different “testing fields” various concrete examples of the
influence (positive and negative) will be analyzed.
OnderwijsvormLectures (including guest-lectures), student-presentations, discussions.
Final paper on a chosen topic, decided by the student in consultation
with the lecturer(s) - can be done in comibation with class presentation
LiteratuurThe Blackwell Companion to Political Theology, ed. by Peter Scott and
William T. Cavanaugh, Blackwell Publishing 2004
Wietske de Jong-Kumru, Postcolonial Feminist Theology, Münster: Lit 2013
- other texts that will be made available on Canvas, especially on
Overige informatiePublic Theology (Political Theology)
|Faculteit||Faculteit Religie en Theologie|
|Vakcoördinator||prof. dr. F. Enns|
|Examinator||prof. dr. F. Enns|
prof. dr. F. Enns
prof. dr. E.A.J.G. van der Borght
Voor dit vak moet je zelf intekenen.
Voor dit vak kun je last-minute intekenen.
Dit vak is ook toegankelijk als: