Dit vak wordt in het Engels aangeboden. Omschrijvingen kunnen daardoor mogelijk alleen in het Engels worden weergegeven.
Doel vakAfter following this course, the aim is that you as a student:
1) Understand the historiography and interdisciplinarity of the heritage
concept in relationship to the built and urban environment;
2) Are able to apply these understandings to a self-chosen, contemporary
restoration or re-use case study;
3) Can critically assess various approaches to material aspects of
heritage, in such a way that you are able to produce arguments for and
against contemporary interventions in heritage environments;
4) Become aware of your own role as a heritage academic to debates in
society, in such a way that you are able to contribute critically and
constructively to events and debates.
5) Be able to present and exchange ideas with your fellow students with
other disciplinary backgrounds on restoration and re-use cases;
6) Become more self- directed in your approach to your studies, in such
a way that you are aware of your specific interests and motivated to let
these guide you through this master course.
Inhoud vakArchitectural and Town Planning Heritage is one of the introductory
courses of the Master Heritage Studies. It is meant as a course in which
the central concepts of the master course, such as heritage, monument,
identity, spatial transformations and identity come together. As the
group of students is as interdisciplinary as our academic field, we will
analyze and discuss these concepts based on literature that reflects
shifts of thought in the field. We will also question and apply them in
lectures and individual presentations. In order to get acquainted with
the heritage world outside the university’s compound, we will make
excursions and welcome guest speakers and you will individually visit
heritage events and report about them. A final written exam will wrap up
the course’s learning and challenge you to critically assess the
understandings and insights you have acquired.
Onderwijsvormseminars and excursions
Toetsvorm- Heritage event visit, weight: 10%, learning goals: 1, 4,
- Excursions: preparation and participation, weight: 10%, learning
goals: 2, 3, 5,
- Group presentation, weight: 30%, learning goals: 1, 2, 3, 5,
- Take-home exam, weight: 50%, learning goals: 1, 3, 6.
LiteratuurTo be announced on Canvas.
DoelgroepMaster students Heritage Studies (compulsory), master students
Architectural History (optional).
|Faculteit||Faculteit der Geesteswetenschappen|
|Vakcoördinator||dr. P.K.M. van Roosmalen|
|Examinator||dr. P.K.M. van Roosmalen|
dr. P.K.M. van Roosmalen
Voor dit vak moet je zelf intekenen.
Voor dit vak kun je last-minute intekenen.
Dit vak is ook toegankelijk als: