Dit vak wordt in het Engels aangeboden. Omschrijvingen kunnen daardoor mogelijk alleen in het Engels worden weergegeven.
Doel vakCompetences covered according to the General Educational Framework
Dentistry 2008: I a-j (5), Il (5), III d, g (5)
• has excellent diagnostic skills in cases of dental trauma including
the knowledge of trauma guidelines and procedures.
• has the skills to treat children after traumatic injuries including
management techniques and approaches to treat young children.
• is familiarized/ has adequate knowledge on complications like
fractures and perforations and is able to suggest a relevant evidence
based treatment plan in these cases.
• is able to differentiate between different kinds of pathological
resorption processes and knows is up to date with the treatment options
and prognoses of all of them.
Inhoud vakThis course is meant to thoroughly cover topics related to clinical
complications related to root canal treatment. A combination of
theoretical seminars, self-study and assignments will be held weekly.
Topics within this course are:
- The medically compromised patient
- Cracks and fractures of endodontically treated teeth
- Perforations and treatment options
- Periodontal considerations
- Anatomical aberrations : Dens in dente, c-shaped canals, taurodontism,
curvatures and rare configurations
- Outcome in endodontology (a series of 4 sessions)
OnderwijsvormSeminars; Working group; Presentation; Projects; Assignments
The student needs to pass all components undermentioned mentioned below
• Overall assessment of assignments during the seminars (grade: Good;
Pass; or Fail)
• Final assignment (grade: 1-10)
• A prerequisite for grade registration (grade 1-10) is successful
completion of the seminar assignments. In case of a fail for one or more
of the seminar assignments and a pass for the final assignment, a 5.0
will be registered and students will need to retake the relevant seminar
Literatuur• 3 textbooks (* is compulsory reading):
- “Pathways of the Pulp” Hargreaves & Cohen*
- “Essential Endodontology” Orstavik & Pitt Ford
- “Problem solving in endodontics” Hulsmann & Shaefer*
- “Textbook of Endodontology” Bergenholtz & Reit*
• Reader with selected research papers – all are compulsory reading
Overige informatieEntry requirements: The Endodontology profile specific courses followed
in the first year need to have been successfully completed.
|Periode||Ac. Jaar (sept)|
|Vakcoördinator||dr. H. Shemesh|
|Examinator||dr. H. Shemesh|
drs. C.J. Warnsinck
dr. H. Shemesh
drs. A.K. Braun
Voor dit vak moet je zelf intekenen.