Dit vak wordt in het Engels aangeboden. Omschrijvingen kunnen daardoor mogelijk alleen in het Engels worden weergegeven.
Doel vakCompetences according to the General Educational framework Dentistry
2008 are: I a-j (5), II (5), VI b, m, o (5)
The student has
• in-depth knowledge of the treatment of the medically compromised
• in-depth knowledge of the technical approach when treating complicated
Implant / prosthodontic cases.
• in-depth knowledge of procedures to be followed when involved with
patients with either or both implant as well as superstructure related
• competent knowledge of the application of dental implants in
Inhoud vakIn this module the treatment of the medically compromised patient and
the complex prosthetic cases where oral implants play a role will be
discussed. As cases get more complicated the chances of failure of the
superstructures and or the implants also grows. Therefore it is
important the implant specialist has in-depth knowledge of and
specialist insight in the treatment strategies’ and protocols when
treating this patient category. Treatment of the MaxilloFacial Patient
is best carried out by a specialized team. The implant specialist must
have competent knowledge of the treatment of this patient category even
though he will not always be a member of such a treatment team.
OnderwijsvormSelf-study; Seminars; Assignments; Pico
• Overall assessment of assignments during the seminars (grade: good /
pass / fail)
• Written exam (50% of grade: 1-10)
• Presentation or paper (50% of grade: 1-10)
A prerequisite for grade registration (grade 0-10) is successful
completion of the seminar assignments. In case of a fail for the seminar
assignment(s), and a pass for the final exam and presentation/paper, a
5.0 will be registered and students will need to redo the relevant
A pass for this course is achieved with a grade of 5.5 or higher.
Compensation between the grades of the presentation/paper and the
written exame is possible.
Literatuur• A choice of chapters from the following books depending on topics.
- Clinical periodontology and implant dentistry (Lindhe)
- Glossary of Oral And Maxillofacial Implants
- ITI Treatment guides 1- 8
- Syllabus of prosthodontics for osseointegrated implants (Douglas)
• Reader with selected research papers
|Periode||Ac. Jaar (sept)|
|Vakcoördinator||prof. dr. B.G. Loos MSc|
|Examinator||prof. dr. B.G. Loos MSc|
drs. P.W. van Elsas
drs. J. Huigen
drs. J.H.P. Cosse
dr. E.J. Blom
drs. E. Rikken
Voor dit vak moet je zelf intekenen.