Dit vak wordt in het Engels aangeboden. Omschrijvingen kunnen daardoor mogelijk alleen in het Engels worden weergegeven.
Doel vakUpon completion of this course, students:
• have gained insight into the background, nature, and central
concepts within the research domain of entrepreneurship;
• have gained insight into the societal developments that influence
entrepreneurship as well as the societal and ethical implications of the
• will be able to demonstrate an academic knowledge base that
enables the student to recognise, utilise, and combine multiple
theoretical perspectives towards entrepreneurship, in combination with
the knowledge of and insight in some of the mechanisms underlying
entrepreneurial processes, so as to be able to understand particular
• have worked on their ability to assess, produce, and develop
innovative, viable, high quality research-based entrepreneurial ideas in
• have worked on the development of an attitude where boundaries
between disciplines form no burden and where knowledge, concepts,
methods, and perspectives from a range of disciplines are employed to
generate new insights;
• will be able to find, analyse and critically assess scientific
• will be able to systematically and creatively analyse and solve
Inhoud vakAt the end of the course, students should have an overview of the
(research) domain and its inherent multi-disciplinarity (for example
economics, psychology, social sciences, and humanities). They should
know about the various approaches, topics, and the central concepts
associated with entrepreneurship, and be able to apply these to a
practical dilemma. The two assignments are directed towards practical
OnderwijsvormWeekly: two three hour lectures, plus a tutorial in week 2.
ToetsvormThe final grade consists of:
• one individual assignment (25%);
• one assignment in pairs (25%);
• written final examination (open question exam) (individual) (50%).
The final grade will be the weighted average of the three assessments
(with 25/25/50% weights). Results can compensate for each other;
however, a minimum of five must be obtained for each assessment in order
to contribute to the final result.
A second chance is allowed for the assignments and the exam. However,
the mark that one can obtain for a revision of an assigment is capped at
6. For the re-sit of the exam and for second chance submissions of
assignments, no grade cap applies.
Vereiste voorkennisA valid registration in the MSc Ent
LiteratuurA range of journal articles has been specified by the lecturers. This
will be communicated on https://blackboard.ic.uva.nl
Overige informatieThis course is only available for students registered for the Master's
programme Master's in Entrepreneurship. For quality reasons, the course
cannot admit other students.
This course is organised by UvA. The course coordinators are Dr. J. Sol
(UvA) and Dr. J.K. Verduijn (VU). For more information, please go to
http://studiegids.uva.nl and http://rooster.uva.nl.
|Faculteit||School of Business and Economics|
|Vakcoördinator||dr. J.K. Verduijn|
|Examinator||dr. J.K. Verduijn|
Voor dit vak moet je zelf intekenen.
Dit vak is ook toegankelijk als: