Dit vak wordt in het Engels aangeboden. Omschrijvingen kunnen daardoor mogelijk alleen in het Engels worden weergegeven.
Doel vakThe student learns
- To independently prepare a transdisciplinary research design and
develop this into a research proposal (under supervision)
- To independently collect, process and analyse research data
- To integrate former knowledge and skills into the research
- To work independently and responsibly in a research organisation
- To independently integrate theory and research data and to
develop this into a research report (under supervision)
- To critically reflect on their own working methods and experience
- To monitor the quality of the research
- To deal with uncertainties
- To present the research orally and to defend it before a
Inhoud vakIn this first research internship, a concrete problem will be structured
along descriptive (what is it about?) and analytical (what is the
underlying cause?) questions. In this analysis a distinction is make
between different levels of aggregation (individual, group, society,
system) and appropriate monodisciplinary and transdisciplinary research
The student starts with a scan of the literature to place the the
specific problem in context relative to comparable problems, and to
interpret it by means of existing global health system models. This
provides the basis for the main question and relevant sub-questions and
will determine the research methodology. Data collection can take place
via questionnaires and qualitative interviews.
The research project lasts 5 months and is supervised by a scientific
employee from one of the three collaborating partners (VU, UvA, AMC).
OnderwijsvormIndividual supervision, meetings with the research team, progress
ToetsvormWritten report, oral presentation. All parts need to be passed (6.0).
Vereiste voorkennisStudents need to have passed the exams of 24 EC of the compulsory
courses of year 1 and the practical exercises before they can start
their Research Project Global Health.
DoelgroepFirst-year students MSc Global Health
Overige informatieObligatory component for Global Health students
|Faculteit||Faculteit der Bètawetenschappen|
|Vakcoördinator||dr. E.V. Syurina MSc|
|Examinator||prof. dr. J.E.W. Broerse|
Voor dit vak moet je zelf intekenen.
Voor dit vak kun je last-minute intekenen.