Dit vak wordt in het Engels aangeboden. Omschrijvingen kunnen daardoor mogelijk alleen in het Engels worden weergegeven.
Doel vakThe aim of a Master's Neurosciences internship is to learn to
independently conduct neuroscientific research. At the end of an
internship the student
• is able to independently find scientific information and knows
how to analyse, summarize and critically evaluate this for the benefit
of his or her own research question.
• is able to use the principles from different disciplines in the
design of research plans, the execution of research, and the analysis of
• has command of the relevant research techniques and laboratory
procedures, including safety procedures and the ability to solve
• has command of the use of computer software relevant for the
• is able to communicate experimental results in a scientific
article in English, and by means of an oral presentation.
• can analyse and evaluate planning, execution and results of
research independently and critically.
• is able to collaborate with researchers of various disciplines.
• can contribute to scientific discussions about plans, results and
consequences of research.
• can reflect on ethical aspects of research and applications of
• can evaluate his or her own functioning in the internship, both
by reflection and in discussions with others.
• has obtained a good impression of a potential future field of
Inhoud vakPresenting research proposal and writing report (scientific article in
conducting experiments and analyses, presenting and discussing data.
OnderwijsvormThe day-to-day supervisor teaches the student the necessary
neuroscientific research techniques/tools and analysis tools and
regularly provides feedback on the performance of the student.
The day-to-day supervisor and/or first assessor also aid in the
student's development of the following skills, by means of formative
- academic skills (incl. insight and creative thinking)
- scientific writing skills
- presenting skills
ToetsvormFormative assessment - Written draft of Introduction and presentation of
research proposal (GO/NO-Go decision after 6 weeks: decision on whether
the project and the student both have enough potential to continue)
Final grade: attitude & execution (25%), oral presentation (25%),
written report (assessor 1: 25%; assessor 2: 25%)
Vereiste voorkennisStudent has to have obtained at least 18 ECTS from the MSc
Neurosciences program before the internship can commence.
LiteratuurStarting literature is provided by the supervisor.
DoelgroepFirst year MSc Neurosciences students
Afwijkende intekenprocedureVia the master coordinator (Application and agreements form). The student e-mails the master coordinator a signed Application and Agreement form incl. a research proposal at least four weeks before the start of the internship. The internship can commence as soon as the master coordinator has approved the project.
|Periode||Ac. Jaar (sept)|
|Faculteit||Faculteit der Bètawetenschappen|
|Vakcoördinator||dr. L. Diergaarde|
dr. L. Diergaarde
Voor dit vak moet je zelf intekenen.
Voor dit vak kun je last-minute intekenen.