Dit vak wordt in het Engels aangeboden. Omschrijvingen kunnen daardoor mogelijk alleen in het Engels worden weergegeven.
Doel vakThe students writes a review paper that meets the author guidelines of a
pre-selected neuroscientific journal, and gives an oral presentation on
The student is able to
[this applies to both review paper and oral presentation]
- plan and complete tasks involved in writing the review paper in an
efficient and independent manner
- select relevant literature
- generate ideas and concepts on own
- provide a well-structured overview of the literature (including:
concise summary; coherent theoretical framework; clear hypothesis;
fully, systematically and accurately presented findings)
- analyse and evaluate findings in a critical manner
- draw appropriate conclusions and formulate implications of the
findings for further theoretical development
[this applies to the review paper only]
- write a review paper with virtually no language or spelling errors
- use a clear writing style
[this applies to the oral presentation only]
- present in an enthusiastic and convincing manner
- use clear and effective visual aids
- listen to questions, answer questions in a respectful manner
- devote enough time to each key point
- respect the time allotted for the presentation
Inhoud vak- Writing of a neuroscientific review paper in English, thereby
providing an overview of the literature
- Oral presentation of this review paper, including discussion
OnderwijsvormAssessor 1 provides formative feedback on the writing process and on the
review paper itself.
ToetsvormAssessor 1: 50% (writing process + review paper + oral presentation),
assessor 2: 50% (review paper)
The review paper is independently assessed by the 2 assessors.
Vereiste voorkennisThe student has to have succesfully completed Internship Neurosciences I
before the Literature survey can commence.
LiteratuurThe student is responsible for collecting scientific articles. The
supervisor can aid the student in this process, if necessary.
DoelgroepSecond year Master's Neurosciences students
Afwijkende intekenprocedureEnrolment via vu-net. NB the master coordinator has to provide prior approval of the project . The student sends the master coordinator a signed Application and Agreement form incl. a short description of the literature survey at least four weeks before the start of actual writing process. The course can commence as soon as the master coordinator has approved the proposal and the agreements.
|Periode||Ac. Jaar (sept)|
|Faculteit||Faculteit der Bètawetenschappen|
|Vakcoördinator||dr. L. Diergaarde|
Voor dit vak moet je zelf intekenen.
Voor dit vak kun je last-minute intekenen.