The OHS programme aims to deliver experienced dentists who are well equipped to collaborate with other differentiated dentists and general practitioners and to take on a leading role in top clinical dental care. The dentists are trained in multi- and interdisciplinary treatments and will acquire knowledge of their own differentiation as well as others'.
At ACTA you can become a differentiated dentist in one of the following graduation profiles:
- Oral Implantology and Implant Prosthodontics
- Orofacial Pain and Dysfunction
- Paediatric Dentistry
Each graduation profile meets the international standards of the relevant international professional bodies and reaps the benefits of the interprofessional cooperation opportunities within the OHS programme. After graduation academic and clinical teachers, PhD students/researchers or a mix of these professions
The following four components are offered throughout the entire programme:
1) In the joint courses the focus is on the interprofessional exchange of dentists’ experiences and current literature to stay informed within all fields of dentistry;
2) In the research track the research skills are further developed;
3) In the profile specific theoretical courses in-depth knowledge of seminars, specialist literature and debates is gained;
4) And in the profile specific clinics dentists acquire the necessary clinical competences of their graduation profile.
At graduation, the OHS dentists meet the criteria of the General Educational Framework Dentistry 2008 at level 5, i.e. experienced dentist, and the European criteria of their graduation profile. All graduates obtain an internationally recognised MSc degree.