Dit vak wordt in het Engels aangeboden. Omschrijvingen kunnen daardoor mogelijk alleen in het Engels worden weergegeven.
Doel vakAfter taking this course students:
- know the basic forces that determine the value of land;
- know the determinants of the different types of land use;
- know the principles of Dutch land use planning and housing policy;
- can explain the importance and limitations of spatial planning;
- know the essentials of real estate valuation;
- understand the main factors determining affordability of housing in
- understand the determinants of real estate development as specific
Inhoud vakA large part of the national capital stock consists of real estate. Most
of it is located in cities. Within cities there is a concentration in a
small number of centers and subcenters. The built environment is the
result of past and current investments in real estate and in
transportation and other infrastructure. The stock of buildings is
extremely durable and once the structure is in place, if will often
remain there for decades or even centuries. Investment decisions with
respect to real estate therefore have a strong and lasting impact on
landscapes. This course is in introduction to the economic analysis of
the determining factor of the built environment. The basic principles
underlying the value of land and its use at various locations will be
discussed. The need for spatial planning and its limitations will be
discussed. The role of affordable housing is highlighted. The course
considers real estate in developed as well as developing countries.
ToetsvormWritten exam (75%), assignments (25%).
LiteratuurAlain Bertaud 'Order without design' MIT Press
DoelgroepThe course is part of the minor 'Real Estate Economics and Finance'
Aanbevolen voorkennisBasic knowledge of (micro) economics is helpful.
|Faculteit||School of Business and Economics|
|Vakcoördinator||prof. dr. J. Rouwendal|
|Examinator||prof. dr. J. Rouwendal|
dr. F. Hamelink
prof. dr. J. Rouwendal
Voor dit vak moet je zelf intekenen.
Voor dit vak kun je last-minute intekenen.
Dit vak is ook toegankelijk als: