Dit vak wordt in het Engels aangeboden. Omschrijvingen kunnen daardoor mogelijk alleen in het Engels worden weergegeven.
Doel vak1. Academic skills. After successfully completing this course, the
• recognizes fundamental accounting information and leaves out
• puts forward well-founded, substantiated points of view about
accounting-related decisions, both in spoken and written format
2. Bridging theory and practice. After successfully completing this
course, the student:
• demonstrates theoretical and empirical knowledge concerning accounting
in the context of international business administration
• knows the basic theories, models and concepts of financial and
3. Broadening our Horizon. After successfully completing this course,
• is informed about current accounting practices
• has a strong sense of ethics and integrity with regard to accounting
• is able to adapt accounting concepts to an international context
• has a strong orientation towards an international career
Inhoud vakAccounting is the language required to do business. It allows
executives, managers and employees to communicate; it allows investors,
analysts, and governmental authorities to understand how an organization
is doing. Thanks to the International Financial Reporting Standards,
accounting can be seen as a global language, spoken across most
Accounting is much more than book-keeping. Without accounting, it is not
possible to evaluate a new business opportunity, assess the performance
of a company, or design a solid business strategy for the near future.
This course provides a thorough introduction to financial and managerial
accounting. It provides fundamental knowledge that all business
This course teaches how to formally record and report economic events
and transactions, how to read accounting information to make inferences
and support decisions, and how accounting plays an active role in the
success or failure of a company. More broadly, this courses explains why
the accounting activity cannot be performed by robots, as it involves
discretion in how information is recorded and reported. Moreover, the
course offers a first look at what the accounting profession entails.
ToetsvormInterim exam – Individual assessment
Written exam – Individual assessment
Mandatory attendance and participation in tutorials – Individual
LiteratuurText book (e-book):
Weygandt, J.J., Kimmel, P.D., Kieso, D.E. (2018) Financial & Managerial
Accounting, 3rd edition. Wiley. ISBN: 978-1-119-39160-9.
Additional material will be announced on Canvas.
Aanbevolen voorkennisStudents are expected to have a solid understanding of algebra, and be
well-acquainted with the content of Business Mathematics or similar
|Faculteit||School of Business and Economics|
|Vakcoördinator||dr. J.P. Mendoza Rodriguez|
|Examinator||dr. J.P. Mendoza Rodriguez|
Voor dit vak moet je zelf intekenen.
Voor dit vak kun je last-minute intekenen.
Dit vak is ook toegankelijk als: